Compassion Quotes are written by those who’ve learned the power compassion has on life. To be compassionate is to be sympathetic towards others.
Compassion is an extremely powerful emotion that will fill your heart with gratitude, kindness, empathy, sympathy, humility, and understanding – strong qualities that make an ideal person.
Compassion Quotes should be read by those who’re practicing compassion as well as those who want to embark on the journey to feeling compassionate about others.
It’s impossible to literally see life from other people’s perspective, but with compassion, you’ll be able to feel what they feel and when needed, you’ll be able to help them feel better about the situation they’re in.
1. “Compassion is to look beyond your own pain, to see the pain of others.”
2. “Instead of putting others in their place, put yourself in their place.”
3. “May your daily choices be a reflection of your deepest values.”
4. “Compassion is the desire that moves the individual self to widen the scope of its self-concern to embrace the whole of the universal self.”
5. “There’s no such thing as a small act of kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical end.”
6. “Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation.”
7. “When we match compassion with purpose, we being to conquer the world”
8. “The purpose of human life is to serve, and to show compassion and the will to help others”
9. “It is not enough to be compassionate. You must act.”
10. “Compassion and tolerance are not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength.”
11. “A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal.”
12. “Wisdom, compassion, and courage are the three universally recognized moral qualities of men”
13. “Compassion for others begins with kindness to ourselves.”
14. “No matter who we are, no matter how successful, no matter what our situation, compassion is something we all need to receive and give.”
15. “If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.”
16. “Our sorrows and wounds are healed only when we touch them with compassion.”
17. “Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love.”
18. “One of the secrets of inner peace is the practice of compassion.”
19. “There is a nobility in compassion, a beauty in empathy, a grace in forgiveness.”
20. “Compassion is an action word with no boundaries.”
21. “With compassion one becomes courageous. Compassion brings triumph when attacked; it brings security when maintained.”
22. “Humanity’s collective mission in the cosmos lies in the practice of compassion.”
23. “Unexpected kindness is the most powerful, least costly, and most underrated agent of human change.”
24. “Compassion is the radicalism of our time.”
25. “If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.”
26. “Never lose a chance of saying a kind word.”
27. “Have compassion for all beings, rich and poor alike; each has their suffering. Some suffer too much, others too little”
28. “We must learn to regard people less in the light of what they do or omit to do, and more in the light of what they suffer.”
29. “When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed.”
30. “We can’t heal the world today but we can begin with a voice of compassion, a heart of love, an act of kindness.”
31. “Compassion is the wish to see others free from suffering.”
32. “True compassion means not only feeling another’s pain but also being moved to help relieve it.”
33. “Life is an exciting business, and most exciting when it is lived for others”
34. “Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive.”
35. “In compassion, when we feel with the other, we dethrone ourselves from the center of our world and we put another person there.”
Did You Enjoy Reading These Compassion Quotes?
Which of these compassion quotes resonated with you? Do you have any others to add? Let us know in the comment section below.