Quotations On Contentment are written by people who learned the secret to happiness, success, and growth – contentment. To be content is to be satisfied with what you have, it’s about peace of mind and a constant state of happiness.
Much like gratitude, being content is about appreciating what you have and exercising self-control to avoid getting looped in the destructive cycle of greed and discontent. A person whose content doesn’t desire less, they desire as much as everyone else, but they’ve learned to be thankful for what they have and are patient for what’s to come.
Quotations On Contentment are powerful words of wisdom that’ll help align you to your true self so you can improve your perspective of life. Remember, being content doesn’t mean being stagnant, it just means being patient while you enjoy what you have at present.
Quotations On Contentment
1. “The secret of contentment is the realization that life is a gift, not a right.”
2. “Happiness comes after contentment.”
3. “Contentment is the greatest form of wealth.”
4. “Fortify yourself with contentment, for this is an impregnable fortress.”
5. “It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.”
6. “Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you.”
7. “Contentment gives a crown, where fortune hath denied it.”
8. “True contentment is a thing as active as agriculture. It is the power of getting out of any situation all that there is in it. It is arduous and it is rare.”
9. “The state of being mentally or emotionally satisfied with things just the way they are.”
10. “Comparison makes finding contentment a million times harder.”
11. “Contentment comes from many great and small acceptances in life.”
12. “Someone is happy with less than what you have.”
13. “Contentment is not escaped from the battle, but rather an abiding peace and confidence in the midst of the battle.”
14. “It’s almost impossible to be satisfied in your own life if you’re constantly looking at what someone else has.”
15. “Health is the greatest gift, contentment is the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship.”
16. “A harvest of peace is produced from a seed of contentment.”
17. “It is not our circumstances that create our discontent or contentment. It is us.”
18. “Contentment is an inexhaustible treasure.”
19. “Contentment is not the fulfillment of what you want but the realization of how much you already have.”
20. “A contented heart is a calm sea in the midst of all storms”
21. “True contentment is not having everything, but in being satisfied with everything you have.”
22. “True humility is contentment.”
23. “Contentment is natural wealth, luxury is artificial poverty.”
24. “Contentment consists not in adding more fuel, but in taking away some fire.”
25. “Patience is the key to contentment.”
26. “If we have not quiet in our minds, outward comfort will do no more for us than a golden slipper on a gouty foot.”
27. “Contentment is an attitude that says, I will be satisfied with what God has given me.”
28. “Money can buy happiness but not contentment”
29. “Contentment is a pearl of great price, and whoever procures it at the expense of ten thousand desires makes a wise and a happy purchase”
30. “You can own everything in the world but if you lack contentment, you’ll never be happy.”
31. “Contentment makes poor men rich, discontent makes rich men poor.”
32. “Gratitude and love are always multiplied when you give freely. It is an infinite source of contentment and prosperous energy.”
33. “To be content doesn’t mean you don’t desire more, it means you’re thankful for what you have and patient for what’s to come.”
34. “Contentment always eludes those who don’t count themselves blessed for what they already have.”
35. “Realize that true happiness lies within you. Waste no time and effort searching for peace and contentment and joy in the world outside.”
Did You Enjoy Reading These Quotations On Contentment?
Which of these quotations on contentment resonated with you? Do you have any others to add? Let us know in the comment section below.