Quotes About Listening are written by those who’ve discovered and understood the power listening has on your actions, reactions, and thoughts. When you listen to something half-heartedly, you might miss out on important information that can help you react in a different way altogether.
Know that reactions cannot be undone, anything said or done cannot be undone so it’s important that we listen well to prevent a reaction, thought, or action that makes us regret our choices.
Quotes About Listening will help you understand why it’s important to listen well and what you can do to listen. If you listen well you don’t only learn to understand what’s being said, but you also learn to decode what’s not being said! Quotes About Listening is that you need to pay close attention to what you hear.
Quotes About Listening
1. “The most important thing in communication is hearing what isn’t said”
2. “Listening, not imitation, may be the sincerest form of flattery.”
3. “Many a man would rather you heard his story than granted his request.”
4. “Everything in writing begins with language. Language begins with listening.”
5. “Listening is one of the loudest forms of kindness.”
6. “When people talk, listen completely. Most people never listen.”
7. “Listening is being able to be changed by the other person.”
8. “When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new.”
9. “Wisdom is the reward you get for a lifetime of listening when you’d have preferred to talk.”
10. “The ear of the leader must ring with the voices of the people.”
11. “Listen thrice. Think twice. Speak once.”
12. “Most of the successful people I’ve known are the ones who do more listening than talking.”
13. “Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.”
14. “Listening looks easy, but it’s not simple. Every head is a world.”
15. “It’s a rare person who wants to hear what he doesn’t want to hear.”
16. “There is as much wisdom in listening as there is in speaking–and that goes for all relationships, not just romantic ones.”
17. “Seek first to understand, then to be understood.”
18. “It is the province of knowledge to speak And it is the privilege of wisdom to listen.”
19. “Who speaks, sows; Who listens, reaps.”
20. “Listening is an art that requires attention over talent, spirit over ego, others over self.”
21. “Listening is a magnetic and strange thing, a creative force. The friends who listen to us are the ones we move toward. When we are listened to, it creates us, makes us unfold and expand.”
22. “You cannot truly listen to anyone and do anything else at the same time.”
23. “There is only one rule for being a good talker – learn to listen.”
24. “The most basic of all human needs is to understand and be understood. The best way to understand people is to listen to them.”
25. “One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.”
26. “Listening is about being present, not just about being quiet.”
27. “Be a good listener. Your ears will never get you in trouble.”
28. “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
29. “The art of conversation lies in listening.”
30. “If you make listening and observation your occupation, you will gain much more than you can by talk.”
31. “Big egos have little ears.”
32. “Learn to listen. Opportunity sometimes knocks very softly.”
33. “Man’s inability to communicate is a result of his failure to listen effectively.”
34. “We have two ears and one tongue so that we would listen more and talk less.”
35. “No one is as deaf as the man who will not listen.”
Did You Enjoy Reading These Quotes About Listening?
Which of these quotes about listening resonated with you? Do you have any others to add? Let us know in the comment section below.