Prayer Quotes are written by those who’ve experienced the power of praying and receiving. Prayer Quotes should be read by those who want to connect with the Divine, regardless of the religion they belong to.
The power of prayer should never be underestimated, for one prayer that comes straight from the heart has the power to change lives, cure illnesses, achieve dreams, and manifest dream lives.
Prayer Quotes can be read whenever you feel the need for inner strength, light, and confidence to overcome negative situations in your life. These quotes will help us align with our pure spirit so we can communicate with the Divine and receive all that we pray for.
1. “Prayer is nothing else than being on terms of friendship with God.”
2. “A person without prayer is like a tree without roots.”
3. “Prayer exercises your willpower and gives God authority to work in your life.”
4. “Let gratitude be the pillow upon which you kneel to say your nightly prayer. And let faith be the bridge you build to overcome evil and welcome good.”
5. “Prayer delights God’s ear; it melts His heart.”
6. “We pray the love of God enfolds you during your difficult times and He helps you heal with the passage of time.”
7. “God speaks in the silence of the heart. Listening is the beginning of prayer.”
8. “Prayer is not overcoming God’s reluctance, but laying hold of His willingness.”
9. “Is prayer your steering wheel or your spare tire?”
10. “Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.”
11. “Prayers outlive the lives of those who uttered them; outlive a generation, outlive an age, outlive a world.”
12. “Don’t think of the things you didn’t get after praying. Think of the countless blessings God gave you without asking.”
13. “When we pray, we relax, reflect, and renew our commitments to God. The peace that comes from consulting with God and receiving His divine wisdom is a powerful hug.”
14. “In prayer, it is better to have a heart without words than words without a heart.”
15. “If your day is hemmed in with prayer, it is less likely to come unraveled.”
16. “Pray as though no work would help, and work as though no prayer would help.”
17. “A day without prayer is a day without blessing, and a life without prayer is a life without power.”
18. “Prayer is the inner bath of love into which the soul plunges itself.”
19. “True prayer is neither a mere mental exercise nor a vocal performance. It is far deeper than that – it is a spiritual transaction with the Creator of Heaven and Earth.”
20. “Prayer is the raising of one’s mind and heart to God or the requesting of good things from God.”
21. “We use prayer when we need something, but praying is also for giving thanks for all your blessings.”
22. “Prayer should be the key of the day and the lock of the night.”
23. “God can handle your doubt, anger, fear, grief, confusion, and questions. You can bring everything to him in prayer.”
24. “What wings are to a bird and sails to a ship, so is prayer to the soul.”
25. “Today as you pray, remember that God’s timing is often different than ours.”
26. “Whether we realize it or not, prayer is the encounter of God’s thirst with ours. God thirsts that we may thirst for him.”
27. “Prayer is the nearest approach to God.”
28. “Our prayers are sometimes answered without us realizing or, in ways that we did not ask for but always remember God’s plan is better than ours.”
29. “Prayer is the exercise of drawing on the grace of God.”
30. “Prayer enlarges the heart until it is capable of containing God’s gift of himself.”
31. “The whole reason why we pray is to be united into the vision and contemplation of God to whom we pray.”
32. “Every great movement of God can be traced to a kneeling figure.”
33. “Don’t pray when it rains if you don’t pray when the sun shines.”
34. “Prayer should not be regarded as a duty which must be performed, but rather as a privilege to be enjoyed, a rare delight that is always revealing some new beauty.”
35. “Prayer is the song of the heart. It reaches the ear of God even if it is mingled with the cry and tumult of a thousand men.”
Did You Enjoy Reading These Prayer Quotes?
Which of these prayer quotes resonated with you? Do you have any others to add? Let us know in the comment section below.